Sunday, January 07, 2007

Painting A Demon



Here's an animation I threw together to show a few steps in the process of making one of these demon paintings. First step I mark a red dot at the bottom center of the picture. Next I outline the red landscape. After that I outline the shape of the demon and add in more layers of paint onto the red plot of land. Then I paint in all the details of the creature and the last step, I go back in with black paint and sculpt out the features a bit more. Click here to see a detailed view of the finished painting.

And for those curious, animating is so ridiculously easy to pull off in photoshop that I don't know why I haven't messed with it more. Check out this simple tutorial.

2 comments:

Robert Adam Gilmour said...

One of the things I like about you is that you can use technology/computers without the work looking sterile or crap, which 90% of artists end up doing if they try to use computers. I tried some things on computers but I was never satisfied with any of it and I deleted it all as soon as possible. But it may have been because the teachers put on so many constraints....I don't miss illustration classes at all.

Luke P. said...

This is cool. I have noidea how you did it, but its cool.